Thursday, July 12, 2007

Beijing Week 4 (北京周四)

So actually there's very little to say about this week other than the workload is increasingly manageable given how repetitive our learning process is. I think if nothing else, my ability to memorize things in the half-hour before class has definitely improved :) I also like the content of our texts more as time goes by because they are getting more literary or deal with more complicated topics, which makes for more interesting debates.

Anyway, tomorrow is the midterm - on one hand it's hard to believe half the course is over and on the other my head hurts to think that we have to slog through another round of the same thing. Along those lines though, tomorrow we're also leaving for Social Study week, which is a really welcome break from the monotony of classes and an excellent opportunity for serious recharging. I'm going to Inner Mongolia (内蒙古) to study 少数民族生活 and play in the desert, so a serious entry will be in order when I get back next Friday.

No comments: